Thursday 21 May 2015

A nightmare involving Lego & costume requirements

So as you all know - the challenge starts on Saturday - my 35th birthday.

Normally Matt & I try and get away for my birthday but this year for a variety of reasons it can't be done, instead Matt has arranged a 'surprise day of wonder' in London.

Last night he told me that he'd "tell me what I could wear" for this particular day of wonder because there was "a costume requirement".

"You do remember I'm doing this 35 items challenge" I said "please don't use up 5 of my items on the first day on stuff I can't wear again - I really don't want to be forced to find a reason why dressing as iron man at work is ok"

And this is what Matt said (sometimes I think that man doesn't know me at all).........

"surely your birthday doesn't count?"

Yes Matthew, yes it does - my birthday counts, your birthday counts, being a best man at Bob & Laura's wedding counts, so does Jess' and Hayley and Didier's wedding.... if it only counted when it was easy to count it wouldn't be a challenge - would it!

Arrrgh. I had a moment of hope that we might be doing sport (first time hope and sport have ever coincided in a sentence without the words 'I don't have to do' in between them) because under the rules I can wear sports kit as long as it's to do sport and have it not count in the numbers - but alas no.

Matt has refused to give me any further details - saying he'll let me know what is needed Friday night.

Anyway this conversation obviously had some deep affect on my subconscious because last night I had a dream that on Saturday the whole of the London skyline was being built to scale with Lego bricks and then there was going to be a parade. But that I couldn't join in as I couldn't make myself a costume that met public decency standards out of 35 bricks.

Which is a shame as I bloody love Lego & parades.

No comments:

Post a Comment