Tuesday 26 May 2015

Day 1 (or smugness squashed)


So I felt pretty brilliant about this challenge when I woke up on my birthday. Matt was still hungover from our enthusiastic welcoming in of my 35th year, so I got up super early - chucked on a trusty old denim dress & some sandals and headed out onto the marshes with the dog.

It was glorious - the sun was shining, birds were singing and I remembered how much I love summer. I thought to myself - this is going to be easy. From now until winter I just have to find 6 gorgeous summer frocks that I can layer up come winter & just wear a frock ad sandals every day. Maybe 35 items is too many?

So I went home packed up a bag for our day out (FYI costume element was swimming costume - no impact on clothes count - huzzah). As I was still in this positive mood all I packed was a second frock (for the evening), make up & a book. Then just as I left the house I had a moment of good sense and popped my Mac in the bag too.

Thank God as then this happened.............




The photo doesn't really do it justice - it was proper pelting.....
 
Anyway - day 1 complete & 4 items already on the rosta.

The denim dress, brown sandals, mac & green silk dress. So that's 11% of my wardrobe done in day 1. Which is somewhat giving me the fear.......

Thanks for the birthday donations - keep 'em coming.....here

No comments:

Post a Comment