Friday 3 July 2015

Capsule Catastrophes - Part 1.




When I decided to do this challenge I was pretty gungho about the whole thing. My assumption was that I’d be pretty bored clothes wise throughout the year, but that besides that it’d be fairly easy.
When I started to plan the clothes I needed I pictured my self doing one of two things, going to work and going to the pub with friends. That’s it. That’s what I boiled my life down to. And leaving aside the fact that actually that description of my life makes me sound like a functioning alcoholic – it’s also just not accurate!

In the last 2 weeks alone I have: gone to work, walked the dog in the boiling sun, taken a long train journey, had a family bbq, walked the dog in the tipping down rain, had friends round for tea twice, made a dinosaur head for dowser day, gone to a conference,  a wedding and the launch of a commission report, enjoyed a friend’s birthday meal, attempted gardening, cleaned the house and moved furniture. And tomorrow I am going to the zoo.

We are 6 weeks in today and there has already been loads of weather, and there will be more. I have a sunny holiday in October, and will head to Scotland in the depths of winter where there is bound to be snow.

And I don’t think I planned very well……..

Here’s what I currently have:

1 pair of summer sandals, 3 pairs of mild weather shoes, 1 mild weather waterproof coat, 2 summer dresses, 4 all seasons dresses, 1 warm jumper, 1 cotton jumper, 4 tshirts, 1 shirt, 2 skirts , 1 pair of jeans.  That’s 21 items in total. Leaving me with 14 items left for the rest of the year. Which sounds like a lot unless we get a cold winter. 

Even if the winter is mildish I’ll still need: a warm coat, a winter hat, a scarf, a pair of gloves, a pair of winter boots (with decent tread for if it’s icy), 2 more warm jumpers, 2 long sleeved t-shirts and another pair of trousers/ jeans.

These will take me to 31 items. And I need a dress to wear to Bob & Laura’s wedding. So all in 3 items left to play with, Oh and I have a stain down one of my t-shirts. What is they say in the army that proper planning and preparation prevents…….oh dear.

(my general hopelessness and misery is always alleviated by donations and bids on my ebay sales – so if you feel moved to cheer me up please do)

No comments:

Post a Comment