Monday 6 July 2015

My phone is not making this easy on me

Apologies again for last weeks crummy photo quality. At least the first couple of days this week are going to be similarly pants.

Here's me yesterday:



Here's me today:



I know that those of you that sponsored me want to keep an eye on me to make sure I'm following the rules, and that ideally the images shouldn't be all grainy and shite. The thing is though my phone hates me.

Not only does the camera not have a flash (meaning it's impossible to take a decent photo not only in the evening, but lets face it between the months of November and March), but the bloody cable has stopped working. This means that I might be able to post things on instagram, but retrieving them to use on my blog is a two hour ordeal involving a lot of swearing, one full on pillow thumping paddy and two large books being thrown across the room. I know - it's unfair on the books but the computer belongs to work and the phone (much as it's my mortal enemy as regards its capacity to take and share photos) is how I keep in touch with my mum, my husband and everyone else who doesn't use social media.

I've done a bit of research today about what I can do to make the photos better both for instagram and for the blog. Basically the internet offered up two options: buy a wifi enabled camera, or get an iphone.

The thing is I have a great camera, and a cool little instax mini, and I don't really want to make the significant investment that a wifi enabled camera costs right now. And as for iphones HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MUCH THEY COST? 

Wow.

No.

I'm sorry but I have to presume that no-one actually buys one of these outright but instead everyone gets them on contract and then kids themselves it's free 'cos they are only paying for data right? I can't judge on this by the way, that's how I'm buying my crappy windows phone - slowly and painfully with a commitment until September 2016 for something that hasn't even got a flash. ( I know I'm banging on about this but it was advertised as having a lumix camera & those are ace- this is not one of those).

So what to do?

Thankfully there is (I hope) a third way. I've just found this site and ordered myself a wifi enabled memory card. According to the site I can just pop this in my standard camera and it will automatically update my cloud account and download things to my other devices. Meaning I can use my phone to instagram photos I take from my normal camera.

I'm pretty chuffed with this idea & will let you know how it works out. - Hopefully it'll mean no more rubbish (quality - I make no promises about the me gurning situation) photos on the blog.

I'll probably pick up a cheap pocket sized camera to carry with me (I love my Nikon but it's too heavy to carry everyday) - does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment