Thursday 7 January 2016

Travelling light in India

A whole month in India? What a treat!

Travelling light? Sensible.

Taking stuff you've been wearing all year so you don't break the rules of your charity challenge? Not quite as hard as I'd expected!

I'm taking a 40ltr backpack, and am sticking to the traveling rule of 3. One on your body, one in the wash, one hanging to dry.



So from the capsule I'm taking:

The colourful summer frock
 Plus my long grey dress & my denim dress

A raincoat (I'll be gutted if I need it)

My denim shirt

plus my plaid shirt.

I've also packed some things that are allowed under the rules under 'activity specific':


  • A silk headscarfe (for when I need to cover my hair for cultural reasons)
  • A pashmina (that'll just be used as a towel and a blanket)
  • A thermal vest & and thermal long sleeve top (these will keep me warm on the plane & double up as pjs and yoga gear)
  • Yoga pants (which will double as pj bottoms)
  • a Swimsuit
  • 3 pairs of pants & 2 bras
  • Trekking sandals
  • and 4 pairs of socks (normally on this kind of trip I'd pack converse for when temperatures drop at night - since this isn't possible the ever classy socks and sandals it is!)
 And that is it for clothes!

I'm not going to look like a fashion plate - but my bag is light & I have everything I need to be appropriate / comfortable at all times. So I'm pretty pleased with myself.

But it's not just clothes is it? So I'm also taking:


  • My camera (by far the heaviest thing in my case - but so important)
  • A sleeping bag and liner
  • a memory card adaptor
  • my tablet (so I can stay in touch with you guys)
  • my phone (so I can stay in touch with matt)
  • my kindle
  • a torch
  • a comb
  • hand sanitiser
  • a plug adaptor & recharger cables 
  • painkillers & immodium 
  • a soap dish with solid cleanser & shampoo in
  • a childrens toothbrush (spiderman - couldn't resist)
  • toothpaste, suntan lotion, bug spray, afterbite & moisturiser
  • tampons, cotton buds & a muslin facecloth
  • razors, nail clippers and a pair of tweezers
  • 4 clothes pegs
  • 2 cotton tote bags
  • a couple of notepads and biros
 Which now I've written it down sounds like loads!

Wish me luck.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment