Monday 1 June 2015

All my friends are posers (Day 6, 7,8 & 9)

So I've told you I hate having my photo taken.

I've told you I gurn and move around, and blink, and genuinely actually feel mortified when a camera is pointed at me, yes?

And you are about to say everyone feels like that right? Wrong!

Not my friends, I am somehow friends with the most photo ready gang the world has ever seen. I don't pick 'em 'cos they are photogenic - I'm delighted to say I pick my friends to a one because they are fiercely intelligent, opinionated and can make me snort with laughter.

But weirdly they also are all totally unafraid of cameras and look delicious in every photo ever taken.

So on Thursday I went and hung out with these posers....

Jo (never taken a bad photo in her life) Dowbekin




Laura (fabulous pout) Edwards and Bob (shamelessly cheesy) Cooper. Not only are these guys totally fine with getting their photos taken, but also they are pro's.

Both Laura and Bob work professionally in photography and Jo (alongside the fab work she does with young people) models.

These are 3 of my best friends and I trust them totally. So I asked them to help me with the photo issue.

Here's what they told me:

"Stop bitch talking yourself and the way you look, it just makes you feel uncomfortable, then you look uncomfortable, and then you talk down to yourself some more. Be nice to yourself"

" Stand sideways, look over your shoulder, shoulders back, bum out (anti- instinctive that one), chin forward"

"Don't worry too much about about looking natural, go ahead and pose. Once you're good at posing it'll feel more natural, and will look that way too"

"Delete the crappy ones. It's not dishonest everyone does it!"

Anyway then we had a play, Laura taking the photos, Jo stood behind Laura showing me how to pose, and in less than 2 minutes we had this photo - which I actually bloody like!

 


 I think because I was laughing so much that I stopped being bothered about the camera.

So there you go. Over the next 3 days there were 3 more daily photos - 2 taken by my husband, which I like & felt comfortable in and one taken on Walthamstow market where I was really aware of everyone around me and so felt stupid & look terrified.

So the best advice from my guys I think was the stuff about comfort, - if you're happy it shows!

Here are the other pics

Day 7



Day 8


Day 9




Obviously the photo taking thing is still pretty hideous for me. But genuinely every donation makes me super happy & it'll make a huge difference to families too. Anything you can spare I'll be grateful here's the link 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment