Wednesday 24 June 2015

Stats watch - Month 1

I know you've all been dying to see the whole month in one shot, with some very niche statistics... no? Oh well - brace yourselves because I'm doing it anyway!

So between 23rd May & 22nd of June:

I've worn 19 items that is 54% of my allowable clothes.

Most worn item so far is my sandals with a massive 19 wears so far - this means I've worn them for 61% of the challenge, and that they are already clocking in at a very reasonable £2.36 per wear (not including all the times I wore them before the challenge started).

25 of us have donated a total of £920 plus £210 in gift aid, that is an average of £45.20 per person! Thankyou you generous generous people!

The biggest single donation so far came from the lovely Sean Davies ( as a tax on not naming his firstborn after me I think!) - Seans contribution alone would cover 2 workshops on something like benefits, behaviour or sleep for 20 parents each. 

You are doing a brilliant thing here people keep it up.

So what will month 2 bring?

Well......invites are going to go out for the first event, I'm going to go big on ebaying, there will be my first ever vlog (that's going to be stilted and awkward) & (with a couple of friends) I'll be setting up some craft sessions for autumn.

If you haven't sponsored me yet, then please do - even if you decide you'll donate the equivalent of buying me a pint (or a pie) every month it will all add up.

There are other things you can do to support fundraising that will cost you NOT A SINGLE PENNY!

Sell some stuff you don't want on ebay - I wrote a guide here.

Raise awareness of what Contact a Family do - or of my challenge by sharing my facebook posts, tweets and the blog itself. Add me to your google circles (this is new to me but I'm told it's important).

And tell me what you think - here on the blog comments. Do you want to dare me to do something silly & are prepared to pay to see evidence of it? Fine make your offer. This is for charity & a charity I love and care about, so (within limits) I'm open.

We're £1k down but there is 2 more to go & frankly whatever we raise will be put to good use.

Thanks for being part of team #clothesoffmyback. I genuinely am supremely grateful for your support!

Normal service will resume tomorrow with a blog on how to make a hat from flowers! 



                                                           More posts

No comments:

Post a Comment